TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated September 19, 2021
Terms & Conditions of Service
We get it, terms and conditions, who even reads them. The truth is we need them, so we have tried to keep them as simple and as transparent as we can.
By having your wheelie bin cleaned by Bin Butler you are automatically agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of trading as detailed below. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Bin Butler directly.
1. By having your wheelie bin(s) cleaned regularly by Bin Butler you are agreeing to a minimum term contract as specified on your Booking Confirmation. If the booking was made via WWW.BINBUTLER.CO.UK for our regular cleaning plans, these plans are subject to a minimum contract of 12 months.
2. The contract cannot be transferred to a new property whilst within the minimum term, without prior agreement from Bin Butler. If the contract is transferred to a new property, then a new minimum term will apply to the new property.
3. The contract cannot be transferred to a 3rd party, either at the same address as the customer or at a new property, without prior agreement from Bin Butler.
4. If the service is cancelled by the customer within the minimum term contract, then a charge for the remaining scheduled cleans will be due at the agreed rate, we reserve the right to add an admin fee in addition to the remaining payments. Early cancellation admin fee £20.
5. If a one-off or ad-hoc clean is booked, then this will not be subject to a minimum term contract, but the general Terms & Conditions of service will still apply.
6. Each minimum term contract will have a set number of bin cleans scheduled within the agreed timeframe, with this number set by the frequency of cleaning, for example, a 4-weekly clean of a single bin over 12 months will total 13 cleans for that timeframe, with the exception that Bin Butler may have to change the schedule due to any reason.
7. Each bin is treated separately, and where the agreed schedule of cleaning has been set, the same bin must be presented for cleaning in each instance, and cannot be substituted with a different bin of any kind without prior agreement from Bin Butler.
8. The price agreed for cleaning of each bin is based upon the frequency of cleaning agreed, with the typical minimum frequency for regular cleaning being 4-weeks.
9.Bin Butler Operates a ‘Zero Tolerance for Abuse’ Policy. Any abuse aimed at our Company or staff, whether directly or indirectly (including online), will not be tolerated.
10. If an additional bin requires adding to the service, this will be treated as a new contract on that specific bin, and as such the initial cleaning fee and a new minimum term contract will apply to that specific bin.
11. All wheelie bin cleaning will take place either on the customer’s premises or within a reasonable distance from the customer’s property, normally within 50 metres. We make the best efforts to ensure cleaning is carried out as close to your property as possible.
12. All wheelie bins scheduled for cleaning must be left available either at the curbside or near the perimeter of the customer’s property on the agreed cleaning day, to provide quick access for cleaning.
13. After cleaning, the cleaning operative will leave the bin on the customer’s property in such a manner as not to obstruct access by vehicles or pedestrians, except in circumstances where the bin is left on public property for the convenience of the customer. We will place a service tag on your bin to indicate a successful clean.
14. Cleaning of the customer’s wheelie bin will be carried out on the interior and exterior surfaces, including inside of the lid, using pressurised jet washing equipment. The jet wash will be connected to a mobile water source supplied by Bin Butler, which uses a combination of recycled water and cleaning detergent.
15. Whilst every effort will be made to remove all dirt from the interior and exterior surfaces of the bin, in some instances this may take several attempts, over several visits. In some instances, it may not be possible to completely remove marks or stains on the surface of the bin.
16. Regular bin washing is based on the customer taking reasonable steps to prevent food waste and other items from entering the bin outside of the bin bags, as this can attract unwanted pests. If at any time Bin Butler suspects that the service is being abused, we reserve the right to cancel the service immediately with no refund for any fees paid.
17. Cleaning of the exterior surfaces of the wheelie bin is not compulsory and will only be carried out by the operative if they consider it safe to do so. If cleaning of the exterior surface takes place, then a combination of light pressure washing and cloths will be used.
18. Pressure washing is a dangerous activity that carries the risk of injury to others, and as such customers should observe a safe distance when cleaning is in operation, at least 5 metres. Bin Butler will not accept liability if customers place either themselves or their property within 5 metres of the pressure washer whilst cleaning is taking place.
19. Any waste material left in the bin prior to cleaning, either loose or impacted onto the surface, may be bagged up and left in the customer bin for their own disposal. Such waste may be wet as a result of the cleaning process.
20. We reserve the right to miss a clean under the following circumstances:
a) If access to the property is blocked by parked vehicles or any other obstruction, and no safe access is available within 20 metres of the property.
b) If the bin has not been placed out for collection by the customer.
c) If it appears the refuse/recycling/garden collection has been missed for that day and the bin remains un-emptied.
d) If the bin has been removed from the specified place after emptying and not left available for cleaning by the customer.
e) If any items of rubbish or debris remain in the bin that is considered excessive by the cleaning operative.
f) If animal or human waste (e.g. nappies or faeces) remain in the bin, either contained in or out of the packaging.
g) If prevailing weather conditions such as wind, rain, ice or snow make driving or access dangerous.
ALL REASONABLE EFFORTS WILL BE MADE TO CLEAN YOUR BIN ON THE SCHEDULED DATE. IF MISSED CLEAN BECAUSE OF CUSTOMER FAULT THEN WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHARGE THE CUSTOMER FOR THE MISSED CLEAN.
21. The customer must advise Bin Butler at least 24 hours beforehand if the bin will not be available for cleaning on the scheduled date, or they may be charged for a missed clean if the bin is not available.
22. If the bin is emptied after midday, then we reserve the right to clean the following day. We reserve the right to permanently reschedule the clean to the following day if necessary.
23. We reserve the right to reschedule your bin clean in the instance of staff holiday, staff sickness, vehicle or machinery breakdown, seasonal holidays, or to consolidate rounds (e.g. to combine with other cleans in the same road). Every effort will be made to give at least 24 hours’ notice, but when unforeseen circumstances arise this may not be possible.
24. All payments for work completed must be remitted to Bin Butler within 7 days of each clean taking place.
25. Payment will only be accepted by Direct Debit, Bank Transfer, Cheque. All payments must be received in £’s sterling. We do not accept cash.
26. Cancelling a Direct Debit is not necessarily an instruction to cancel your service. Any cancellation instruction is required to be given at least 48 hours before the scheduled cleaning date. If you cancel your Direct Debit and there is an outstanding balance, and or you are within your minimum term, payment in full will be required within 7 days, after that time your details may be passed to a collection agency if you fail to make payment. Admin fee for early cancellation of £20.
27. All customers are required to set up a Direct Debit with Bin Butler using a web link supplied by Bin Butler, even if paying for washes in advance, to ensure payment can be collected if the customer account gets into arrears.
28. All advance payments for a set of washes must be paid on or before the first date of the scheduled cleaning.
29. Any overdue payments may be referred to a collections agency. If we refer your account, an additional £50 charge will be added to your account.
30. We will advise on the commencement date and frequency of cleaning, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of when the bin needs to be available for cleaning.
31. All rounds will continue as per the agreed schedule unless otherwise advised by the customer, or if terminated by Bin Butler. After the initial offer for any advance washes expires then subsequent washes will be charged at the prevailing pay as you go rate.
32. Any credit paid for advance washes is non-refundable, and can only be used for the scheduled washes.
33. By agreeing to have your bin(s) washed regularly by Bin Butler, you are agreeing to have a permanent sticker placed on your bin with the Bin Butler company logo and contact details, and the customer house number/name & Customer Reference number..
34. By supplying your details to Bin Butler, you are agreeing for them to be used and stored on the internal company database. Your details may be used for marketing purposes, including contact by email, text message and letter.
35. The customer is responsible for keeping their registered details updated with Bin Butler, this includes but is not limited to; phone number, e-mail address, and bank details.
36. Bin Butler communicate information periodically on a receipt slip, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they read these communications and take any necessary action as a result. Examples of information could be a change in your scheduled cleaning, office closure, or a reminder to update your details with us.
37. All customers that provide a mobile number will be automatically added to the FREE text reminder service unless they inform Bin Butler they wish to opt-out. These reminders are purely a courtesy, and should not be completely relied upon to know when your bin is being cleaned, it is the customer’s responsibility to know the schedule agreed upon, and if necessary, enquire with Bin Butler when the next clean is due.
38. All discounts offered are at the discretion of Bin Butler and can be removed at any time after the minimum term contract. If a discount is offered on multiple bins being cleaned on the same day, and the quantity of bins decreases, then the discount will automatically be removed.
39. All prices are subject to change at any time, unless a minimum term contract is currently in place, in which instance any price change will take effect after this time.
40. Bin Butler may complete the clean within the boundary of your premises, such as on your driveway, access roads, car park areas, private residents-only areas. You Also allow bin butler access for this service you have selected to be carried out.
41. After your initial contract period has ended, you will be placed on a 30-day rolling contract. 30 days notice is required to cancel the contract from this point onwards. Other terms listed still apply.